Qingdao Gua Sha massage is a traditional Chinese medical technique. Gua means to scrape or rub. Sha is a reddish, elevated, millet-like skin rash. Sha is the term used to describe Blood stasis in the subcutaneous tissue before and after it is raised as petechiae. Raising Sha removes blood stagnation considered pathogenic, promoting normal circulation and metabolic processes. The patient experiences immediate relief from pain, stiffness, fever, chill, cough, nausea, and so on. Gua Sha massage in Qingdao is valuable in the prevention and treatment of acute infectious illness, upper respiratory and digestive problems, and many other acute or chronic disorders. It is absolutely a natural therapy and no need any medicine which more or less have harm to human body.
The Instrument that Used During Gua Sha Massage in Qingdao
During a Qingdao Gua Sha session, the therapist will use a special tool to gently scrape your skin and stimulate circulation. If you’re getting a cold and hating going to the doctor, perhaps you could consider this kind of traditional Chinese massage- Gua Sha, it may be suitable for you sometimes. In general, a soupspoon, coin, or slice of water buffalo horn is used in Qingdao massage. Some Studies have found that a simple metal cap with a rounded lip works best and is by far more comfortable to the patient.
Two Kinds of Scraping(Gua sha) Therapy in Qingdao:
Qingdao Meridian Scraping Therapy: The meridian scraping method combines acupressure with cutaneous scraping.
Qingdao Holographic Scraping Therapy: It is a method of scraping points on the body which correspond to organs in the body. This therapy has the special feature of scraping only a small area and taking a short time.
How to Do Qingdao Gua Sha Massage Therapy
-Gua sha massage in Qingdao involves repeated pressured strokes over lubricated skin with a smooth edge. Commonly a ceramic Chinese soup spoon was used, or a well worn coin, even honed animal bones, water buffalo horn, or jade. A simple metal cap with a rounded edge is commonly used. In cases of fatigue from heavy work a piece of ginger root soaked in rice wine is sometimes used to rub down the spine from head to tail.
-The smooth edge is placed against the pre-oiled skin surface, pressed down firmly, and then moved down the muscles, hence the term “tribo-effleurage” or along the pathway of the acupuncture meridians, along the surface of the skin, with each stroke being about 4-6 inches long. This causes extravasations of blood from the peripheral capillaries and may result in sub-cutaneous blemishing, which usually takes 2–4 days to fade. Sha rash does not represent capillary rupture as in bruising, as is evidenced by the immediate fading of petechiae to echymosis, and the rapid resolution of sha as compared to bruising.
-The color of sha varies according to the severity of the patient’s blood stasis which may correlate with the nature, severity and type of their disorder, appearing from a dark blue-black to a light pink, but is most often a shade of red. Although the marks on the skin look painful, they are not. Patients typically feel immediate sense of relief and change.
What are the Benefit of Qingdao Gua Sha Massage?
1. Gua Sha can be used to prevent and treat diseases and strengthen the body. Especially in the area of pain relief it is unequalled.
2. It has a very quick effect on pain from head, neck, shoulder, joint and back pain to fibromyalgia, sciatica and other nerve pain, migraine, PMS, osteoporosis, rheumatism.
3. It has as well an obvious effect on various diseases caused by functional disharmony of the internal organs.
4. Gua Sha massage in Qingdao can stimulate the immune system, detoxifies and de-acidifies, promote the circulation, regulate functions and organs, remove blockades and pain, revitalize and regenerates, diminish stress, fatigue and burn-out, relax and promote clarity of mind.
5. It is also able to help prevent or stop colds before they start.
6. Gua Sha massage therapy in Qingdao has significant influence to alleviate the feminine problems such as menstrual problems, insufficient lactation, and uterine complaints.
7. Qingdao Gua Sha massage treatment can improve the flow of your life energy. It can help with chronic pain, poor circulation, fatigue, infections and emotional stress.
Is Gua Sha Massage Therapy in Qingdao Safe?
Gua Sha massage in Qingdao is a completely safe technique, but it is serious medicine. Knowing when to use it and what to expect from treatment is as important as good technique. People who live with chronic pain often create emotional defenses to cope with it or can feel completely hopeless. It is good to be moderate in activity after treatment, even rest.